How to Make a Resume in 2023
Creating a resume in 2023 follows many of the same principles as in previous years, but it’s important to stay up-to-date with current trends and technologies. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a modern resume in 2023:
- Choose the Right Format:
- Reverse-Chronological: This is the most common format, listing your work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Functional: Highlight your skills and qualifications first, especially if you have gaps in employment.
- Combination/Hybrid: A blend of both chronological and functional formats, showcasing your skills and work history.
- Contact Information:
- Include your full name, phone number, professional email address (e.g., [email protected]), and LinkedIn profile (if applicable).
- It’s no longer necessary to include your physical address.
- Professional Summary or Objective (Optional):
- Write a brief, compelling summary of your career goals and what you bring to the table.
- Make it specific to the job you’re applying for.
- Skills Section:
- List relevant skills, both hard and soft, that are pertinent to the job.
- Tailor this section to the specific job description.